Engine coolant concentrate based on monoethylene glycol and organic additives, suitable for petrol or diesel engines.
As a result of the corrosion inhibitors which have a very low depletion rate, the C2053 coolant has a long life. It should be replaced every five years or every 250,000 km for passenger vehicles and 1,000,000km for trucks/commercial vehicles. However, original manufactures instructions should always be followed when replacing coolant, and so this will depend on the vehicle.
While deionised or demineralised water is best, coolant C2053 has been formulated to be usable with different water qualities, including hard water.
Freeze protection offered by the coolant increases as a higher concentration is used. At 50% volume of C2053 and 50% H2O, freeze protection is -40oC. For colder climates, a higher concentration can be used, which means the coolant mix can provide protection as low as -70oC.
- Increased lifetime – C2053 has corrosion inhibitors with a very low depletion rate
- Protection against frost (dependent on concentration)
- Eliminates deposit problems due to hard water
- Protection of the joints of water pumps by eliminating abrasive solids
- Improved anti-corrosion protection for the cooling systems of vehicles (especially aluminium)
- Excellent anti-foaming properties
Coolant C2053 meets or exceeds the following European and International quality standards:
- AFNOR NF R15-601 (France)
- AS 2108 (Australia)
- ASTM D3306 (USA)
- BS 6580: 2010 (UK)
- CUNA NC 956-16 (Italy)
- ONORM V 5123 (Austria)
- R443 tests (Germany)
- SAE J1034 (USA)
- UNE 26361-88 (Spain)
- FVV Heft R443