DOT 5.1 OEM Standard Brake Fluid
A premium hydraulic brake fluid. A glycol ether based fluid formulated exclusively to exceed the requirements of the major internationally recognised hydraulic brake fluid standards.
It has all the properties required to ensure safe and reliable operation of vehicle braking systems. Specialist applications, primarily racing vehicles and motorcycles.
- FMVSS No 116 DOT 5.1
- SAE J1704
- ISO 4925 Class 5.1
Features and Benefits
- High Boiling Point – minimises the risk of vapour lock occurring in the wheel cylinder, even under the most extreme conditions
- High Wet Boiling Point – ensures continued vapour lock protection by maintaining a high boiling point throughout the service life of the fluid
- Optimal Viscosity – minimal low temperature viscosity ensures system responsiveness is maintained in very cold conditions whilst maximal high temperature viscosity ensures adequate lubricity and leakage prevention are maintained at high operating temperatures
- Corrosion Inhibition – protects the full range of metallic components in the braking system from corrosion damage that can cause excessive seal wear or even loss of fluid and potential system failure
- Rubber Compatibility – with the range of elastomeric material commonly found in braking systems, maximises the working life of system seals to ensure safe and reliable system operation
- Fluid Compatibility – can be safely mixed with other brake fluids meeting the both DOT3 and DOT4 specifications
- Fluid Stability – against both high temperature and oxidation ensures stable performance characteristics for a long and reliable service life.